Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Sheep to the Slaughter- Oh, This Must be Love!

I like to joke that AMF has a bit of a shopping cart that can be filled with the things that puzzle her in day-to-day life. In spite of this, and indeed because of it, I adore her. Yesterday night it became clear that I have my own shopping cart. The Saturn has been in desperate need of a wash, so I took it to the Mobil last night. There was a car in front of us for many, many minutes. We went through about ten songs on the radio. I cursed and complained. I got ready to hit the button hardwired to the International Mobil assistance line to find out what the hell was going on. I assumed that the Works car wash, at eight bucks, was the most thorough washing ever unleashed on the modern world. Then, I realized, the car I thought was in front of us was, in fact, the reflection of my own car on the glass door ahead of us. I punched in our code, and was in for a pretty quick and efficient wash. Dammit. And, AMF was there beside me to witness the whole thing.

We need each other, AMF and me. I'll keep her from walking in front of busses, and she can keep me aware of the fact that there will always be things that we just miss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home