Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Friday, April 01, 2005

It's Friday Night.

And, I'm being dull as ever.

I have the news on in the background to listen to the reports of the Pope's health. I'm not Catholic, but AMF is, and since she's been out here, I've been attending Mass with her weekly. The church we attend is just a couple of blocks from my apartment, and is one of the most beautiful structures in town. It's the church pictured a couple of posts down, laden with a rainbow. I talked to AMF earlier-- she's in DC for another interview-- and she was fairly upset. I know that her mom's been crying. It's been a sad week. Hell, we even lost Frank Perdue today.

I'm in sweats. I picked up a pizza and some Crazy Bread (it's not that crazy. In fact, it's rather bland) and some movies from Blockbuster, the Incredibles, the Village, and the Bourne Supremacy, a handful of titles I've been meaning to watch. Light stuff for a night that feels pretty heavy. I've been thinking of going to the gym, but it doesn't feel right to leave until the Pope has passed. It feels disrespectful, somehow.

So, I sit.

UPDATE: The reportage of the Pope's health on Fox News is one of the most offensive things I've ever seen. The music, the graphics- the epitome of tackiness. I'm not sure any of the other networks are doing it any more tastefully, but this is repugnant. Then- I can always... change... the... channel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home