Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Yesterday, My Cat Did Things My Cat Shouldn't Do.

There officially are no more hard and fast rules in regards to my cat. There are no boundries. It used to be that I didn't want him on the kitchen table. Then, I realized how much he loved the window over the kitchen table and all the squirels and rabits outside, so I relented. And so, the table became his. I eat in the den. Later, I was steadfast in my refusal to let him on the kitchen counter. " The kitchen counter is where I prepare food," I thought. That's not a place for a cat to be. But, in recent months, the cat's been uncontrollably drawn to the kitchen counter, and specifically, to the kitchen sink. I'd yell at him, spray him with water, pick him up and toss him on the kitchen floor, but each time he'd simply look up at me and stare for a while. Then, he'd jump back on the counter. And so, the kitchen counter became his. Yesterday evening, I found him on top of the refrigerator, which is simply too much. I keep the things that the cat must never touch on top of the refrigerator. Additionally, getting to the top of the fridge requires a walk over the top of the stove, which simply is poor form for a cat. I think I will have to return to reading "Outwitting Your Cat." This simply cannot stand.

2 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need a picture of said cat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home