Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Monday, July 25, 2005

A Little Rain Never Hurt No One.



And thank God for that. It's coming down something fierce right now. We can surely use it, though. The brown grass is thankful, as are the hordes of old people who burst into flames during yesterday's 105 degree spell. I love rain like this and am hopeful that it continues through bedtime. There's nothing quite as peaceful as falling asleep during a thunderstorm. A bit strange, that.

The weekend's left me a bit disheveled. I finally ended up finding some adventure on Saturday via a call from my boss telling me that the DuPage Country Symphony Orchestra was doing a bit of a sci fi show at the bandshell. It's a five minute walk to my house, so I was game, especially after reading online that there'd be stormtroopers there. Honestly, knowing that, is there any way I wouldn't be there? They played some Star Trek themes, some Holst, and a whole mess of Star Wars. I had a blast, helped in part by the fact that the French horn player looked strikingly like Palpatine.

Good times, good times.

I had trouble sleeping that night as a result of my several naps, so I was up reading and futzing around on the computer far too long. Sunday dragged, and I again had trouble with the sleep last night. I woke up this morning with a really fierce case of bad stomach, and it's still with me.

But- I've got my ginger tea, and I've got a nice thunderstorm outside, so I guess it's okay. I'll try to hit the sheets a bit early with my copy of Harry Potter, and hopefully I'll sleep soundly and wake up energized. Knock on wood.

I'm heading to DC to see AMF (and her family) on Friday and will be there through Wednesday. It promises to be a good time. I miss her tons.

Rock on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home