Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sick and Ill.

Truman's not doing too well. I took him to the vet yesterday morning for some sores that have developed on his throat. Vet trips take a lot out of the both of us. He gets traumatized, has his temperature taken anally, and is generally made uneasy. I get covered in scratches and cat hair, and I die a bit hearing him cry.

They shaved down his throat, and gave me a bag of medicine: a wash for his throat, a cream for his throat, and oral antibiotics. They gave me a syringe to force the pills down his throat, but fortunately, I've been able to stick his pills in treats, which is easier for the both of us.

Unfortunately, the pills seem to upset his stomach. I've been cleaning up a lot of vomit. If this keeps up, I'll have to get him another set of pills and take another hit to the pocketbook.

(I don't really carry a pocketbook, folks. It's just an expression.)

Poor little guy.

After the vet visit I went to Costco and picked up the new Harry Potter book for myself and my mom. I dropped her copy off, then came home to medicate Truman. Following this, I went out for some beers, and then home for a nap. I woke up at seven, unsure if it was Saturday night or Sunday morning. What a drag....

So, now I'm getting ready for Mass, and I look forward to a nice day of doing nothing much at all. I'll open the windows and the front door and sit in the living room reading Harry Potter. There are certainly worse ways to spend a Sunday.

Hope y'all have a pleasant Sunday, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home