Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

I'm Remiss. I'm in Remission.


For the folks who wondered: The weekend of the Fourth was fantastic. I tend to be really slack in updating such Events. Perhaps it can be chalked up to exhaustion, perhaps to laziness. More likely it's somewhere in the middle. That said, the weekend will go into my mental book of wonderful times.

AMF was in her glory, beautiful and charming to the very edges of her person. She dealt with the crowds and trials with grace, and put up with me when I turned into a four year old boy. She's truly a catch. I will pull the hook gently from her lip, but she shall not be cast back into the sea.

The Taste of Chicago on Sunday night sucked something fierce, but along with a pair of friends, we made a good time of watching the fireworks from Navy Pier. Monday night was even better, as we joined my folks and their friends for whiskey sours and fireworks at Naperville's Ribfest.

I smile thinking about both excursions, and for that I feel blessed. I miss AMF now, but it's hard to miss someone who's as much a part of you as she is. She's always there, in her way.

And, I'll be there, soon. DC jaunt at the end of the month. Look forward to a big lead up, and then a complete lack of follow through.

Until next time, loyal fans. I leave you with a belated firework.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home