Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

And, We are Off, or, We Soon Will Be (Off).

We're meeting up with some friends downtown later on today for Taste of Chicago (Part II) and to see the fireworks. The BNSF train schedule's pretty great for today, meaning that there are a boat load of express trains running both to and fro. There will also be a boat load of riders, so it should be a tight fit. But, surprisingly, I'm looking forward to it, despite my legendary dislike of crowds. Despite your lack of knowledge on this subject, I stand by my diction: My dislike remains legendary.

It's been a great weekend so far with AMF. She's been a joy, and I've been very happy bringing her back by my folks' place for a warm reception. Everyone loves AMF, most of all me. To hell with that Raymond guy. AMF's where it's at, and the networks should take note.

Tomorrow night will be the Ribfest with my folks and their friends. I think we'll miss Loretta Lynn, but I can live with that. I can live less with the fact that we're missing, or have already missed, both David Lee Roth and Blue Oyster Cult, who I believe play "Don't Fear the Reaper" 16 times in a row. So it goes. We make our own fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home