Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Go Friday.

Just made some coffee, which I turned to "iced" through my mad kitchen skills. I need it; it's been a long week, and I'm heading out to the airport at some point to pick up AMF. I say "at some point," because it's looking like there's a delay. Her flight was going to get into O'Hare at 9:00, and now it will get it when it's damned good and ready. I'm very excited about our being able to spend the weekend together, but right now- damn, I'm tired.

On holiday Fridays, we typically get out of the office early. Indeed, most people in the office did. Not I. My boss is a pretty self-involved martyr of a man, and, as such, he stayed completely away from us for the entire day, experiencing his own trials and travails. I never got a "go home" from him, so when I finally split a bit after four, I was pretty pissed. I was there before eight and skipped lunch anticipating a two or three o'clock blowing of the whistle. That I left before he could come over at 4:30 or 5:00 and tell me to split a bit early will guarantee a nonsense talking to on Tuesday morning, but that's a battle to fight on another day. And, so it goes. I'm still getting emails from him, which means Tuesday's lecture will be wrought with tales of all the hours he works, and how everyone else has to step up accordingly. But, that's Tuesday.

For now, wake up, and try to revel in thoughts of a long weekend. Ribfest (there are ribs there), Taste of Chicago again, and hopefully some good old-fashioned "chill out" time, which is one of my favorite things of all.

Back to my coffee and back to my TV. More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home