Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

A Waste of Chicago.

Yesterday was our big team outing to the Taste of Chicago. The six of us were to meet at Buckingham Fountain at 11:00. However, the Boss was concerned that folks wouldn't be working up until then, so he decided to pick me up at 6:00 AM and drive me into the city where we would work in a Starbucks until that time. I'd been out whooping it up a bit the night before, so the early-morning wake up really hurt. My laptop doesn't have wireless, so I literally had to sit at a Starbucks for four hours re-reading old emails. I occupied most of my time watching people come and go. What a stupid, stupid morning.

The taste itself was fine, I guess. I ate a lot and broiled in the sun. When I got home, I napped for a spell.

I do not much care for these team outings. They end up as more trouble than they're worth. And, so it goes. New 100 Words. Off to my folks' to help my dad with some work on the porch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home