Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Completely Engaging.

As I stated at the end of last week, AMF and I became engaged last Saturday morning.

The ring arrived early, and I was able to buy it on Thursday night, thus turning my trip to D.C. into a real mission as opposed to a lark. For all the kids asking "man- how did you stand the pressure," I reply, "no pressure, kids. It felt just right." That said, there wasn't much time for planning the how and the where (for the journalists out there, the "why," of course, was already clearly defined). I pride myself on thinking quickly on my feet, however, and my pride proved justified. On the way from the airport, I had AMF pull off at the Monuments, and after a long muddy walk through FDR's spread-out affair (including a ghoulishly large statue of Eleanor), we arrived at Jefferson's. Once out of the small gathering of folks with nothing better to do on a Friday night, I got on one knee and proposed shortly after midnight. And, she said "yes."

The rest of the weekend was great, as well, despite AMF's folks being unable to come out at the last minute. We occupied ourselves with many a things, including visits to a winery, a bed and breakfast, and UVA. Truly a nice time.

And now, the planning begins, tentative date, October 7, 2006.

Rock on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home