Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

And So, Before I Go On My Merry Way.

Leaving for DC tomorrow night. Expensive car picking me up at the office at five and taking me to O'Hare, and then, off.

I'm looking very forward to this trip. I'll see both AMF and her folks, both of which will be a lot of fun for me. It'll be a good time.

Tomorrow will be an early morning for me. I'm going to try to be in before seven again, and I have no idea when I'll get to sleep. All this- packing. And laundry, and other assorted sundry things. Kaitlin will be taking point on caring for Truman, for which she deserves big, as the kids say, "ups." She's a good girl, and I'm both pleased and proud to have her as a sister. Josh rocks, too. No worries, Josh- you rock.

And, all of you out there: Solid. Proper.

But- hey- quickly, before I go: I got a call from Ryan on my way home, my gargantuan fear-inducing rock 'n' roll fiend of a friend. And, he got engaged to the lovely and talented Alexandra, his girlfriend of many many many years yesterday. I'm proud as hell of the guy, the first of my good friends to take the "plunge," again, as the kids say. Ryan's one of my favorite people ever, and a guy whose friendship I truly cherish. I've known him longer than anyone I know outside of family, even though I couldn't quite stand him when I first met him in the seventh grade.

So, I say this: Ryan- you've done well, and you've done Right. You're a good man, and I know I'm a better person for having the privilege of knowing you.

I look forward to throwing rice at you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home