Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

My Cat has Nighttime Tendencies.

Truman can be a pain in the ass around the clock, but his jackassery becomes special during the nighttime hours. I'm a pushover, so despite knowing that sleep will become difficult with Truman in the bedroom, I'm never able to shut the bedroom door before going to bed. Eventually, Truman will saunter into the bedroom, jump up on the bed, and curl up next to my legs. He'll groom himself, and then we'll both fall asleep. At around four, I'll wake up to hear Truman eating the blinds. Half-asleep, I'll yell at him to stop, which does no good. So, I walk out to the kitchen and turn on the sink. In seconds, Truman bolts into the kitchen, jumps on the counter, and contemplates the faucet. I'll walk back to bed and shut the door tightly.

Truman's fixation with the faucet is puzzling and borders on obsessive. I always make sure he has fresh water, but he prefers sucking on the faucet, as seen here:



I am not a veterinarian, but I believe it's possible that Truman is autistic.

At around six, he'll cry outside the bedroom door, and I'll either feed him or hopefully ignore him and fall back to sleep for another hour.

He is a pain; he is very seldomly affectionate, but, still and all, he's my guy. I'd probably be a bit of a dick, too, if someone with whom I lived had my balls removed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home