Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sunday Morning Brings the Dawning.

Trying to get back into the game again, I bring you a mediocre 100 Words.

Up early today, but not early enough to comfortably make 9:30 Mass, so I'm slowly getting ready for the 11:00. I've had my first cup of coffee, and I've more or less made the bed. So, I've got that going for me. There's still the matter of shaving, showering, and getting dressed, but I'm ready to face those challenges.

It's grey and gloomy outside, and I am thankful for that. Weather like this is more conducive for being a bit lazy, and I'm in the mood for some controlled laziness this day. I have to be away next weekend, and I want to milk the hell out of the lazy opportunities this day offers. I'll get some stuff done, the basic laundry/dirty dishes nonsense, but that's about it.

The only problem I have with laziness is that I'm not terribly good at it. I get antsy and restless. That's not to say that I'm able to turn the antsiness and laziness into productivity. Were that the case, there'd be no concern. I just end up not quite relaxed, but with no payoff. It's a sort of limbo that ends up only cured with a nap, which in turn makes me feel crappy and eats away at perfectly good hours of doing nothing.

It's quite a conundrum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home