Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

When the Wind Hits This Building, This Building it Tilts.

I spent Friday night recording the second song for my new band, "Aluminum Crutches." This is pronounced "Al-loo-MIN-yum," in accordance with the King's English. This band plays Clash covers. The first track recorded was a loud and garbled version of "What's My Name," of the self-titled album, and Friday's was a slowed-down acoustic take on "Up in Heaven (Not Only Here)." I like how it sounds thus far, but want to screw around with it a bit more today. So, I might.

Yesterday was spent having a new suit fitted, which entailed a trip to the mall with my folks. I'm going to look like a dapper man. I also got a couple new ties and a pair of Pumas out of the deal. My folks, they do spoil me at times.

The rest of the day was spent playing Civilization IV, going to the gym, picking up Wendy's, watching Ocean's 12, playing more Civilization IV, and then reading. I ended up going to bed fairly late, so I'm going in slow motion right now. Church is at 12:30, then I have some errands to run. Hopefully, I can find time for some more screwing around, i.e., aluminum Crutches and Civilization IV. Both are addictive, and likely healthier than many other ways I could find to waste time.

Rock on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home