Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Fruitless Monday.

New 100 Words for you.

I drove straight to my folks' after work so my mom could measure me for the tux rental for Brendan's wedding. I own a tux, but, you know how it goes. Wedding's are big on matching, so it seems. Mine might be more a pot luck kind of affair. Maybe that would look pretty. Or, at least eye catching. You can learn things from such mundane events as being measured for a tuxedo. I learned that I am a very small man.

So, it goes.

On the way home, I stopped at two Best Buys as a result of the gift cards burning holes in my pocket. I wanted the first season of the Muppet Show. I can't explain why, but the desire's manifested itself into a sick sort of monomania. I always liked the show just fine, but nothing to justify tonight's feeling of needing to watch the Muppets while I folded laundry. The first Best Buy had nothing. The second had several. Unfortunately, it was no longer on sale. The extra nine bucks snapped be back into reality. With an hour of my evening completely wasted, I headed home.

I'm folding laundry with the TV off. This night could have been so much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home