Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Bugged.

I had strange dreams this morning.

I Took a walk around my town, and the tiny college became much bigger. In a large quad area, there was a dog sale, lots of people selling puppies.

From here, I ended up in a building where people were selling strange insects and reptiles. Really disgusting creatures, beetles, and whatnot. One tank had headphones attached so you could listen to them scuttle and bite. There was a tank with miniature alligators, just a few inches long. Floating throughout where chewed up tiny alligator jaws, and some alligators were rolling over dead ones. Then, at one end up this area were a tank of small cobras. I screamed out when it appeared one was outside its tank, but it turned out to just be an electrical "prank." One end of it was a power cord, which made it move around like a snake. Also by this vendor were comic books. There was a Bloom County/Outland book I'd never seen, and all the comics were inspired by the Andy Griffith Show and Days of Our Lives. Thumbing through, all the comics were unfamiliar, but I couldn't remember if they were new or reprints. The book came with a T-shirt and videotape. The man at the booth asked if wanted to buy it, but then I realized I was in my old office in the city, and there was a pile of old mail of mine that had never been forwarded. My old green backpack was there. I filled it with my mail, and left.

The bugs, in particular, creeped me out.

Truman's been locked in the bathroom with his e-collar for the past five weeks. He periodically (read: continually) knocks over his water dish, so I've taken to laying a bathtowel next to it to soak up at least some of the spilled water.

I lifted the current towel this evening to wash it, and underneath was a swarm of tiny ants and a centipede. God, almighty....

I see more distasteful dreams involving insects coming tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home