Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

This Weekend Has Been Too Grey.

Seriously, if I don't see a little bit of sunlight soon, I'll jump about a damned window. I live on the first floor, so this won't really DO anything, but the sentiment is there. The gloom makes me want to do rash things.

It's almost painful. Everything feels dead and wet, and it's hard to feel inspired about anything, much less mundane and necessary tasks such as laundry, dishes, and vacuuming. I'm in a rut, and I blame the weather. Caffeine sometimes helps, but I went too far in that direction yesterday and found myself stuck in a self-induced panic attack for the majority of the day. It took all the strength I had to get in the car and drive to Long John Silver's for dinner. The drive was terrifying. My heart beat audibly, and I sat at the edge of my seat like an old woman, hands tightly clasped to the wheel.

Not again.

I'm fixing myself some tea, and then I'll figure out what to do with the rest of the day. Eating is imperative. I need some good grub.

Speaking of which, good friend Amanda and her fiancee' have put together a great blog on eating.

I recommend checking it out. It will make you hungry. In my case, it's made me hungry for food from restaurants that are hundreds upon hundreds of miles away. Thanks for the frustration, jerks. Hear you've had a beautiful sunshine-filled weekend, too. It figures.

1 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam--thank you for plug. Hook us up with some ideas for Chicago and we'll do a special edition this fall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home