Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

When Rain Turns to Snow.

Last evening was a night of driving, pissing sleet. As it got colder, it turned into snow, and this is what I woke to see. Enjoy it while you can, folks. That's snow in Chicago: an hour of pretty, followed by several days of grey ugliness. The temperatures will be above freezing for the rest of the weekend, and all of the snow in the branches will start pouring down on heads, both human and squirrel.

This day is one without obligation. I have nothing to do.

So far, I've made a pot of coffee, which is a good start. The day might end up spent playing videogames, or I might watch some movies. The car, still covered with snow, is going nowhere, unless I'm wounded by an icicle and require immediate medical attention. These are good days, nothing to do, and nowhere to be.

Last weekend was spent with AMF out in DC. I had a great time, and I would certainly rather be spending a weekend doing stuff with her than doing nothing alone, but still- doing nothing can be quite great.

I was hoping to be able to post some pictures of the Spy Museum, but they had a strict no photography policy. I didn't even think about cheating; they would have known.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home