Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Monday, March 13, 2006

YEE HAW!

Ugh. Argh. Ugh.

I'm taking off for a business trip so early on Wednesday that it might as well be last Thursday. I'm going to Dallas, which was my home for a while back in high school. I'm not exactly jumping up and down about this trip. The fact that it's Dallas is somewhat annoying to me, though I'll be in a hotel for the entire conference, so it might as well be anywhere. More to the point, the thought of spending the rest of the week, including my weekend, knee-deep in insurance sickens me. I don't like mingling and socializing. Nor do I care much for glad handing nor back slapping. The back slapping, in particular, sits poorly with my sensitive stomach. So it goes, I suppose. This is how I get the big bucks that keep me in my drafty one-bedroom apartment.

I'll try to post from the road. I'll be busy pretending to care about what I do for a living, but as I've given up booze for Lent, I should be able to sneak away from the cocktail parties, the post cocktail parties, and the late night runs to various and sundry touristy nightclubs. Hopefully, I'll have more time in my room than on previous trips.

And, so it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home