Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Monday, April 18, 2005

There and Back, Up then Down.

Nashville went about as well as could be expected. The trip was long and tiring, but ulimately, as a business trip, it went off with few hitches.

Still, it was a business trip, so there was some inherent suck in the whole thing. I wasn't able to see AMF nearly as much as I would have wanted, and I had to be on for long periods of time, "Schmoozing" and "networking," and all of the other crap that makes me feel like a big dolt. So, it goes.

We got back to my place at around 9:20 yesterday morning and then walked over to Mass. AMF then took a nap, and I headed over to my folks' to pick up the spare keys that my sister used to take care of Truman. After that, some lunch, my nap, and then a grumbly tired evening plagued by thoughts of having to go back into work the next morning.

But- I woke up early this morning feeling pretty great. I had not a care in the world, and I was actually in full-on manic mode as I drove to work. I listened to Screeching Weasel's "Bark Like a Dog" for the first time in ages and then some Teenage Head. Everything felt great, drinking coffee and smiling, until traffic hit a real snarl. I could feel the coffee euphony leaving my body and everything kind of started to suck. Back at work it continued, with the voicemails, emails, and other debris. So, I'm skipping lunch and trying to work through the feeling of crapulance. Easy come, easy go.

With any luck, AMF and I will head out to the gym tonight to play some raquetball, and the running around hitting stuff will chill me the hell out.

Rock on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home