Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

A Whole Lot of Nothing.


The thing is, I don't care.

At all.

Here we see a man who butchered thousands waltzing around in his underpants. Undignified? Screw off. Were the Geneva Conventions violated? Who knows. Go ahead and investigate. Once I see a photo of Saddam being decapitated with a machete, then I'll start to worry that things have gone a bit too far. Until then, I will remain your faithful non-caring host.

Outrage is a funny thing. The Red Cross and other international groups express "outrage" upon seeing a picture of a monster in his underpants. When it comes to thugs detonating bombs that kill civilians, we hear nothing unless said casualties can be seen as the result of the Bush administration's "unjust" war. When it comes to peacekeepers being executed in the name of a bastardized version of Islam, these folks are "shocked and saddened," but never quite outraged. That's reserved for the actions of the United States and its allies.

I've been on the receiving end of many unflattering pictures in my time. I always woke up the next morning.

To the "insurgents" who long for Saddam's Iraq, check it: Your emperor has no clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home