Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Boy Done Been Shopping.

A quick break before jumping back into a couple of projects on which I'm working:

With antsiness getting the better of me yesterday, AMF and I went and ran some errands. I have this condition that makes me hate walking around the apartment without slippers, and my favorite Costco slippers had officially hit the point where they scraps rather than footwear. The right one, anyways. However, AMF pretty much insisted that they both had to go. So, I went to Walmart. I have no idea why I decided on Walmart. Hate the place. It's filthy. It's venal, even, but I figured I could get a cheap pair of slippers to tide me over until Costco unveiled its fall line. I got some five dollar slippers in a moccasin design, ideal for playing cowboys and Indians. For those interested in this kind of thing, I also got mustard and paper towels. Now- here's the thing: I decided to go to the self checkout line. In front of me were a pair of Mexican dudes buying Mexican things with the scanner set to Espanol. They left, and the scanner was all screwed up. And, screwed up in Spanish, which is a kind of screw up I'm not very good at addressing. Mi Espanol es muy mal. After an employee came and kicked the thing a few times, I was able to proceed. I put in my cash and then went to get my change, and, wouldn't you know it: The misunderstanding the dudes in front of me went all the way through to the getting change part of the transaction, so, in essence, I got my paper towels and mustard for free. Point: Adam.

We hit a couple of other stores, neither of which was very eventful.

Then, however, we hit the goldmine: Bobak's, a Polish grocery/sausage emporium. We loaded up on baked good, including a danish that was bigger than AMF's head (her head is petite). I loved the store, and I especially liked checking out an assortment of candy and other products that just don't really exist in the US. However, I had kind of an eerie vibe as I went to check out. My ears pricked, and my prick eared, and I realized that the theme from Twin Peaks was playing through the Muzak.

That's just- weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home