Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

That's the Reason I'm not Hanging Around.

As I pulled out of the alley this morning, I saw an old friend walking what I thought to be an old dog coming towards me. Though I was running a bit late for fork, I stopped and rolled down my window and said hello.

We talked for a spell, but what do you really talk about when you haven't seen each other for over a year? Especially when the two of you live within blocks of one another. Times have moved on, and it's bittersweet. Nice to see an old familiar face, but a bit dismaying to think that this person had once been a fairly constant part of your life. And, it wasn't the dog I remembered, but a new one. Things change.

When the conversation turned to a, "hey- if you're ever looking for a realtor...." I realized it was time to get rolling. Exchange a couple of "we should get together sometime"s, and be on your way.

I have lots of people like this in my life. At its core, it stinks, but it sure makes putting together the guest list for the wedding a lot easier.

100 Words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home