Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Monday, October 17, 2005

I Hear 'em Whisperin' When I Walk By.

The day at work went by quickly. This is a blessing. I trudged along, producing and doing, and activity made everything move.

So it goes.

This promises to be a long week, and a long week after that and after that and after that.

And- ultimately, it will mean as little as little can mean.

And so, I lift a glass to being a hamster in a wheel.

But! Unlike the rodents, we do what we do to an end, or at least a sense of an end. We do it out of love. Not for the job, but for the people for whom we care. We do it for that house, or car, or, perhaps most importantly, that sense of security.

You can scream "sell out," and I'll just say that we do what we do for the time proscribed. We do it to ensure that the rest of life is spent not scratching, wondering, and worrying.

That said- there's a time to know when it's time to go, and it's a precarious balance between need and want.

God grant me the ability to know that time, and to act accordingly.

God grant me the sense to not get caught in the trap, and to know when it's necessity, and when it's rote activity.

I think I know the answers- grant me the sense to know when it's time to move.

Ah- I think he already has. And, it's time to move.... For the second act, give me the follow through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home