Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Back to the Burbs.

I got home at around 11:30 this morning. Taking first things first, I fed the cat, who is craving attention something fierce. As much as I disliked the jaunt to Dallas, waking up without having to handfeed a cat gave me a feeling akin to that which I believe parents taking a break from their kids experience. From there it was church. When I got home, my brother's car was here, and he showed up from taking a walk soon after. We went and played pool with a friend, where I drank coffee served by a cranky waitress who had an aversion to bringing out cream or stirring implements. From there, Costco for razors, and now I'm home for the evening. I tried taking a nap, but it didn't take. I think the coffee combined with a general sense of geographic displacement has left me a bit out of sorts.

It's probably for the best; I have to be at a cat dermatologist tomorrow at three, so I'll be going into work as early as humanly possible to make up for a 1:00 departure from the office. A nap would have just turned the whole plan on its ear.

So, yeah- I feel distinctly amiss. It's a lousy feeling to lose the weekend to work and work-related travel, and the feeling's intensifying as I boot up the laptop to finish up some more work. Don't feel so great. Overtired, and thinking too much. So, it goes. It probably doesn't help that I haven't eaten today, save a yogurt smoothie at the airport.

And now, my laptop won't let me log in. My password must have expired, which leaves me dead in the water, as it appears it can only be changed from work.

So it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home