Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

How to Serve Your Fellow Man.

It's a cookbook!

Anyways- AMF and I are getting ready to split for the church. A few months ago, she suggested that we participate in a service day they're having, and, being a few months ago, I agreed. We're going to be doing work on someone's house. I hope that this person is poor. Or handicapped. Otherwise, I just don't think church help is appropriate. Hell- I can't keep my own place in shape.

It's cold and grey out. I borrowed some rakes from my folks in case we're doing yard work. Despite the cold, I hope we end up outside. I'd feel more comfortable outside raking than inside cleaning a stranger's home. Knowing a bit of Latin, I'm well aware that the root of "stranger" is "strange." The inside of a stranger's home would seem to have more possibility of the odd or unusual than the outside, and I'm not in an adventurous mood today. Sex swings, deformed fetuses in jars, hundreds of domesticated animals- all things that I'd typically find intriguing- just wouldn't do it for me today. Outside, really, you're left with large animal craps and/or bear traps. I can handle that.

Then, it's Mass, then pizza for the volunteers. AMF has advised me that the pizza will likely come after Mass, owing to the propriety of fasting for an hour before receiving Communion. Our pizza might well be grabbed for the road, as I have to get AMF to Midway for a 7:25 flight. Then, I'll be alone, save for the cat. Kind of a drag.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to the Cubs game with some co-workers/friends. Fro-workers. It looks like it will be a cold one. I'll have to order my beers warm.

Rock on- off to be a Good Person.

1 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home