Breaking Things with Care and Precision

All content copyright 2005 by Adam.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Shoot on Sight.

In the midst of tragedy, some folks rise to the occasion. They act selflessly to help those in need. Others act like animals. There was a rocket scientist available for news interviews in New Orleans:

Mike Franklin stood on the trolley tracks and watched the spectacle unfold.
"To be honest with you, people who are oppressed all their lives, man, it's an opportunity to get back at society," he said.

I hope to Christ that Mr. Franklin was a looter, and not an observer. I have a much easier time hearing uneducated things coming out of the mouths of the uneducated than out of those of the educated paternalistic apologist jackasses out there.

This is not an act of social revolution, folks. This is not a response to oppression. This is, by and large, a bunch of amoral ass hats seizing opportunity in tragedy. I'll give 1% of them a pass and assume they needed that which they took. I'm going to make an assumption (thereby making an ass out of you and me- my apologies) that the remaining 99% will be sitting on a stoop bragging about their free cokes a few weeks from now.

This is new to me, so let me know: is it wrong to wish cholera on people?

1 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the worst things I've ever read. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home